No Products in the Cart
Known as machang to the Chinese Filipino, this community favourite is made of glutinous rice and pork belly then wrapped into tetrahedral shapes using bamboo leaves then steamed to perfection.
I call it Peasant's Machang for no other reason that to say it has ordinary pork and chicken as ingredients but the flavour and taste is nothing but extraordinary as prepared by a master craftsman.
How to cook machang:
1) Make sure machang is fully thawed
2) Fill up a pot with water to allow machang to be fully submerged.
3) Bring water to a boil
4) Submerge machang WITHOUT removing it from its bamboo leaf wrap and do NOT cut the string that binds it as well (the bamboo leaves wrap is waterproof)
5) Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until it's soft to the touch
6) Remove from water, cut string, remove leaves, and serve on a plate
7) Eat plain or with ketchup, sriracha, Sunshine, or UFC
Ready-to-Heat for your convenience!
First had machang during a leisurely business trip to Shanghai. FrozenMNL’s version is up to par with the authentic Chinese machang. Definitely very handy to have a few of these in your freezer as it cooks quite easily, just boil it like you would suman and other rice cakes, cut off the ties, unwrap thr leaves, and bite into yummy sticky rice and meaty, melts in your mouth pork.
This was delicious! One of the best that I have tried so far. It had the right ratio of rice to meat. :)