No Products in the Cart
Known as machang to the Chinese Filipino, this community favourite is made of glutinous rice and pork belly then wrapped into tetrahedral shapes using bamboo leaves then steamed to perfection. 3pcs per pack
I call it General's Machang because I can't think of any other name as it has more ingredients than the regular peasant version but not as many as the Emperor's.
How to cook machang:
1) Make sure machang is fully thawed
2) Fill up a pot with water to allow machang to be fully submerged.
3) Bring water to a boil
4) Submerge machang WITHOUT removing it from its bamboo leaf wrap and do NOT cut the string that binds it as well (the bamboo leaves wrap is waterproof)
5) Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until it's soft to the touch
6) Remove from water, cut string, remove leaves, and serve on a plate
7) Eat plain or with ketchup, sriracha, Sunshine, or UFC
Ready-to-Heat for your Convenience!
Loved it. Will order again
Yummy machang! Loaded with beans which makes it distinct from other machang i tried