Chubby Emperor's Ma-chàng (肉粽) - 3 Pieces
Known as machang to the Chinese Filipino, this community favourite is made of glutinous rice and pork belly then wrapped into tetrahedral shapes using bamboo leaves then steamed to perfection. 3pcs per pack
This one is a custom-blend Jerry requested - it has pork, beans, mushroom, chorizo, castanas, and salted egg!
We totally made the name up as Chinese emperors eat rather plainly nothing as messy as this and there was NO ketchup back then! Emperor penguins on the other hand...
How to heat machang:
1) Make sure machang is fully thawed
2) Fill up a pot with water to allow machang to be fully submerged.
3) Bring water to a boil
4) Submerge machang WITHOUT removing it from its bamboo leaf wrap and do NOT cut the string that binds it as well (the bamboo leaves wrap is waterproof)
5) Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until it's soft to the touch
6) Remove from water, cut string, remove leaves, and serve on a plate
7) Eat plain or with ketchup, sriracha, Sunshine, or UFC